Questions to Councillors
If you have any questions to put to the Council then use...
Public Question Time before every Ordinary Council meeting.
Fifteen minutes are set aside, shortly after the start of the meeting, to answer questions from the public. Meetings start at 7pm, in the Council Chamber.
How does it work?
- Any resident in the Borough of Brentwood may put any question relating to Council business to any Councillor. No one may ask more than two questions in any one meeting.
- Questions must be addressed to the Mayor and sent or delivered to Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY. Receipt of questions will be acknowledged.
- Questions can be submitted from two weeks before the Council meeting and up to 4.30pm on the Friday before the meeting.
- The Mayor may disallow any question which is scurrilous, vexatious, improper, irrelevant, or otherwise objectionable. If a question is disallowed the questioner will be notified of the reason. Questions are not allowed which require the disclosure of exempt or confidential information under the Local Government Act 1972 e.g. personal information about a tenant. Questioners are expected to put their question directly to the relevant Councillor at the meeting. Failure to attend will mean the question won't be asked. There will be no discussion of the question or answer and Councillors may decline to answer a question.
- Answers will be given orally or, if there has been insufficient time to prepare an answer, a written reply will be sent to the questioner. If time for public question time expires, outstanding questions will be answered in writing.
For further assistance, please contact Mrs L McPherson at the Town Hall (01277) 312739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Brentwood Borough Council, Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01277 312500
- Fax: 01277 312743
- Minicom: 01277 312809
Rate this page
Please rate this page and leave any helpful comments. This will help us make sure we give you the right information.
If you would like a reply, please leave your contact details.
This page was updated on 26 October 2012.
All Images and Text Copyright © Brentwood Borough Council unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved