Freedom of Information
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 members of the public have a right to any information referred to in the Council's publication scheme that the Council has produced or published. The Freedom of Information Act 2000 means that the public have a general right to access all the information held by the Council unless the information falls within one of a number of limited exceptions.
Make an FOI Request
Please Note: If you require information regarding Highways, Schools and Education or Social Care please make your request to Essex County Council.
To make an FOI request please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or via the What Do They Know website
View Previous FOI Requests
You can view past FOI requests made to this Council (or any other public body) via the What Do They Know website, however this only refers to requests made via the What Do They Know website.
To view past FOI requests made directly to this Council please click on the link below:
Additional Information about FOI Requests
There is no charge for FOI responses, unless the cost of processing the request is likely to total more than £450. If this is the case, the applicant will be advised and given the choice of restating their request or paying an agreed amount, based upon an hourly rate of £25 per hour.
There is some information that is exempt from an FOI request:
1. Information which is prohibited from disclosure by law
2. Information intended for future publication
3. Information which may be prejudicial to the economic or financial interests of any administration in the UK
4. Investigations and proceedings carried out by public authorities
5. Law enforcement
7. Information prejudicial to the conduct of public affairs
8. Information that would be likely to endanger the physical or mental health or safety of any individual
9. Legal professional privilege
10. Information which if disclosed would be likely to prejudice the commercial interests of any person including the public authority holding it.
The publication scheme lists all information available to the public that the Council has published. This ranges from leaflets and publications to committee reports and plans, schedules of fees, applications forms etc. Members of the public have a legal right to a copy of any document or information that is referred to in the publication scheme. The scheme indicates how and where that information is held. For further information on the Publication Scheme and the Publication Scheme itself please use the links below:
The Publication Scheme
If you have any queries about the scheme or about the Freedom of Information Act, please contact Legal Services Manager, Brentwood Borough Council, Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY or email email@example.com
- Address: Brentwood Borough Council, Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01277 312500
- Fax: 01277 312743
- Minicom: 01277 312809
Rate this page
Please rate this page and leave any helpful comments. This will help us make sure we give you the right information.
If you would like a reply, please leave your contact details.
This page was updated on 1 May 2013.
All Images and Text Copyright © Brentwood Borough Council unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved