King George's Playing Fields
Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM14 5AE
King George's Playing Fields is a large centrally located park offering the following facilities:
- formal gardens exquisite in spring -time and beautiful all year round
- children's play area
- paddling pools
- a unique garden for the blind with many flowering and non-flowering plants which appeal to senses other than sight
- playing fields for football, cricket, rugby and kick about areas
- bowling greens with 12 rinks
- crazy golf
- skate park
- excellent facilities for the disabled and able-bodied alike.
The entrance to Brentwood Golf Centre at Hartswood is also to be found in this park as is that to Hartswood itself, a wood of 73 acres where an access trail makes it easy for people to use, including those with disabilities. There is a footpath which runs through Hartswood and links up with Thorndon Country Park and Little Warley and Childerditch Common.
A new group has formed called the Brentwood Skate Park Association who are working with Brentwood Borough Council to progress the re-development of the skate park facilities in King George’s Playing Fields. This is popular facility which regularly attracts a large number of young people.
The Skate Park Association are organising a number of fundraising activities to raise money for the project. If you would like to get involved please contact BSPA@live.co.uk or visit www.brentwoodskatepark.org.uk
Parkmobility allows those who have difficulty walking to borrow battery powered scooters free of charge in King George's Playing Fields. To book the use of a scooter please ring 01277 214830.
Crazy Golf - Open daily from 11:00am last ticket issued at 3:00pm
Current fees for the crazy golf are (as from 1st April 2013):
- Adults per round - £3.50
- Juniors & OAPs per round - £2.00
- Hire of clubs (refundable) - £3.00
Paddling Pools - Paddling pools are currently closed. However, works are currently underway to ensure the paddling pools are open for the May half term.
- 10:00am - 3.30pm - £2.00,
- 3:30pm - 6:00pm - £1.50.
- Adults accompanying children are free of charge.
Bathing is for children under 12 years of age only.
Within the paddling pool area there are two paddling pools, the smallest being shallower therefore suitable for the younger child. Lifeguards are present, but parents/guardians remain responsible for the safety of the children in their charge.
Refreshments and toilet facilities are in close vicinity.
Car parking charges are in force in King George's Playing Fields all year round. The charges are:
- Up to 3 hours - Free
- All day (9am - 6pm) - £5.00
- Coaches - £15.00
For further details please contact 01277 312580.
- Address: Brentwood Borough Council, Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01277 312500
- Fax: 01277 312743
- Minicom: 01277 312809
Rate this page
Please rate this page and leave any helpful comments. This will help us make sure we give you the right information.
If you would like a reply, please leave your contact details.
This page was updated on 10 May 2013.
All Images and Text Copyright © Brentwood Borough Council unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved