Pilgrims Hatch Environmental Partnership (PHEP)
What is the Pilgrims Hatch Partnership (PHEP)?
The Pilgrims Hatch Environmental Partnership (PHEP) is a community engagement project where the local community work alongside agencies for the benefit of the local area and it's residents.
The Partnership is the the extremely successful legacy of the original Pilgrims Hatch Partnership. Its organisational make-up consists of local residents, local churches and local councillors from in and around the Pilgrims Hatch area.
What does PHEP do?
Currently, the Partnership undertakes two functions.
1. To carry out an audit of every road, pavement, footpath, by-way and bridleway of the Pilgrims Hatch area. Every road and footway surface is graded. Every overhanging vegetation is noted. Graffiti and litter, abandoned cars and any other environmental nuisance is compiled and reported to the Councils (both Brentwood and Essex) for their officers to take the appropriate action.
2. To organise an Action Day once a year, where volunteers throughout the borough, but mostly from within Pilgrims Hatch, take part in cleaning off graffiti, picking up litter and cutting back vegetation throughout Pilgrims Hatch.
Tools and safety equipment are provided to the volunteers and the council collect the full rubbish and green waste sacks the next morning.
If you wish to be involved in the Action Day, or the Partnership, please telephone:
- Chairman: James Pate: 01277 372084
- Treasurer: Alan Rowlingson: 01277 374012
- Secretary: Wendy Garnett: 01277 225645
- Publicity Officer: Barry Aspinell: 07958 623233
- Sting - Issue 1 Oct 2006 (0.48 MB as PDF document)
- Address: Brentwood Borough Council, Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01277 312644
- Minicom: 01277 312809
Rate this page
Please rate this page and leave any helpful comments. This will help us make sure we give you the right information.
If you would like a reply, please leave your contact details.
This page was updated on 10 December 2012.
All Images and Text Copyright © Brentwood Borough Council unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved